Wisconsin is notorious for multiple freeze/thaw cycles and no one wants a wet basement corner due to a frozen downspout. Shorewest, REALTORS has provided the following checklist to help avoid winter water problems:
- Make sure gutters are in good working condition and have been cleaned out.
- Downspouts should be extended and properly connected.
- Look for broken or poor-fitting basement windows.
- Make sure you have enough calcium chloride if the winter is severe. Calcium chloride pucks may be used in gutters and downspouts.
- Shut off all exterior hose spigots.
Contact your Shorewest, REALTOR for a trusted recommendation or for any home-related service project! Stay warm! #ShorewestRealtors #Winter